Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 325mg
Labeler: WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED
NDC Code: 59779-249
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
provides temporary relief of
- pain and fever of colds
- muscle pain
- menstrual pain
- minor pain of arthritis
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
- asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
the stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have liver cirrhosis
- you have asthma
- you have high blood pressure
- you have heart or kidney disease
- you have taken a diuretic
- taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- taking a prescription drug for diabetes, gout or arthritis
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- any new symptoms occur
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults: 1 to 2 tablets with water. Dosage may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.
- children under 12: consult a doctor
- store at room temperature
- use by expiration date on package
The packaging shown below represents a sample of what's currently in use. Additional packaging may be available.
See new warnings information
PAIN RELIEVER/FEVER REDUCER (NSAID)
1000 TABLETS, 325 mg
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2010 CVS/pharmacy
|Labeler - WOONSOCKET PRESCRIPTION CENTER,INCORPORATED (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.