TRIAMINIC Childrens Cold and Allergy
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-6346
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
- temporarily relieves
• itchy, watery eyes • runny nose • itchy nose or throat
• sneezing • nasal and sinus congestion as may occur with a cold
- in a child under 4 years of age
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- for the purpose of making your child sleepy
• heart disease • high blood pressure • thyroid disease
• diabetes • glaucoma
• a breathing problem such as asthma or chronic bronchitis
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- may be given every 4 hours. Do not give more than 6 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
|Children under 4 years of age||do not use|
|children 4 to under 6 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL)|
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
acesulfame K, benzoic acid, citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C yellow #6, flavors, maltitol solution, purified water, sodium citrate
call 1-800-452-0051 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Child-Resistant Safety Cap. Tamper Evident Feature: Do not use if safety seal imprinted with “Triaminic” around the bottle cap is broken or missing.
Triaminic® provides a broad range of products, in forms created with the needs of children in mind.
Trusted by Parents for over 50 years. (Depending on space availability)
For more information plus helpful tips visit www.triaminic.com or call The Triaminic Clinic®
1-800-KIDS-987 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. (Depending on space availability)
Distr. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©2008 2004346
CHILDRENS COLD AND ALLERGY
chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hcl syrup
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
|Novartis Consumer Health||129836151||MANUFACTURE, ANALYSIS|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.