Medique Guaicon DMS
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: UNIFIRST FIRST AID CORPORATION
NDC Code: 47682-217
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
In each 5 ml: Guaifenesin 100 mg, Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 10 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passages of bothersome mucus, drain bronchial tubes, and make coughs more productive
- suppresses cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold or inhaled irritants
Do not use
- more than the recommended dose
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or
emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription
drug contains an MAOI, consult a doctor or pharmacist before using this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- new symptoms occur
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache.
These are signs of a serious condition.
Ask a doctor before use if you have a
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
If preganant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Adults and children (12 years of age and older) Take 2 teaspoons (10 ml) every 4 hours as needed, do not exceed 12 teaspoons (6 doses) in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years of age Do not give to children under 12 years of age.
- tamper evident, do not use if container is torn, cut or opened
- store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid excessive heat and humidity
Citric Acid, Red 40, Flavor, Glycerin, Methylparaben
Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Purified water, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Saccharin
|MEDIQUE GUAICON DMS
guaifenesin, dextromethorphan hbr syrup
|Labeler - UNIFIRST FIRST AID CORPORATION (832947092)|
|Registrant - UNIFIRST FIRST AID CORPORATION (832947092)|
|Ultra Seal Corporation||085752004||repack(47682-217)|
|ULTRAtab laboratories, Inc.||151051757||manufacture(47682-217)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.