Childrens Mucinex Stuffy Nose and Cold
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 100mg in 5mL, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser LLC
NDC Code: 63824-277
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL)
|Guaifenesin 100 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- temporarily relieves:
- nasal congestion due to a cold
- stuffy nose
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- do not use more than directed
- your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- mL = milliliter
|children 6 years to under 12 years||10 mL every 4 hours|
|children 4 years to under 6 years||5 mL every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, dextrose, D&C red #33, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
STUFFY NOSE AND COLD
guaifenesin and phenylephrine hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser LLC (094405024)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.