Q Tapp Cold and Cough
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: BROMPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 1mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 15mg in 5mL
Labeler: Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0603-0852
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Brompheniramine maleate, USP 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCI, USP 15 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold, and nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
adults and children
4 tsp every
children 6 years to
2 tsp every
children under 6 years
do not use
- each tsp contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 15°- 30°C (59°- 86°F)
- dosage cup provided
You may report serious side effects to: 130 Vintage Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
citric acid, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution
Made in the USA
for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Huntsville, AL 35811
Rev. 12/09 R3
|Q TAPP COLD AND COUGH
brompheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan hbr and pseudoephedrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Qualitest Pharmaceuticals (011103059)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.