Ascriptin Maximum Strength Buffered Aspirin
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ASPIRIN 500mg
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-0143
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Buffered aspirin equal to 500 mg aspirin (NSAID)*
(buffered with aluminum hydroxide, calcium carbonate, and magnesium hydroxide)
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
• for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains associated with:
• arthritis • headache • muscular aches • a cold
• toothache • premenstrual & menstrual cramps
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
• hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- are age 60 or older
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for a longer time than directed
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
- you are on a magnesium-restricted diet
- you have asthma
- any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
- a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- a prescription drug for diabetes, gout, or arthritis
- any other drug, or are under a doctor’s care for any serious condition
- an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- painful area is red or swollen
- pain gets worse or lasts for more than 10 days
- fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days
- any new symptoms appear
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not use more than directed
- drink a full glass of water with each dose
- adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms persist; not more than 8 caplets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- each caplet contains: calcium 90 mg, and magnesium 15 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 200 - 250 C (680 - 770 F)
- protect from moisture and excessive heat
carnauba wax, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue #1 lake, granular sugar, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, mannitol, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium saccharin, sorbitol, talc, titanium dioxide
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LISTED ON OTHER PANELS
MS - White capsule-shaped film-coated compressed tablet imprinted on one side with “MS Ascriptin“ in blue
Country of origin -- MADE IN USA
Tamper-Evident Feature --
DO NOT USE IF INNER FOIL SEAL IMPRINTED WITH
“SEALED for YOUR PROTECTION”
IS BROKEN OR MISSING
Dist. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©20XX
THIS PACKAGE FOR HOUSEHOLDS WITHOUT YOUNG CHILDREN
MAXIMUM STRENGTH BUFFERED ASPIRIN
aspirin tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.