Dosage form: powder, for solution
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 1000mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 30mg, GUAIFENESIN 400mg, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 60mg
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-6427
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 1000 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 30 mg
Guaifenesin 400 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl 60 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to a cold:
- minor aches and pains • headache • minor sore throat pain • cough
- nasal congestion • helps decongest sinus openings and passages
- temporarily reduces fever
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productive
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
- in a child under 4 years of age
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- liver disease
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- taking the blood thinning drug warfari
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health care professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed
- take every 6 hours; do not take more than 4 packets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
|children under 4 years of age||do not use|
|children 4 to under 12 years of age||do not use unless directed by a doctor|
|adults and children 12 years of age and over||one packet|
- dissolve contents of one packet into 8 oz. hot water: sip while hot. Consume entire drink within 10-15 minutes.
- if using a microwave, add contents of one packet to 8 oz. of cool water: stir briskly before and after heating. Do not overheat.
- each packet contains: calcium 10 mg, potassium 10 mg, sodium 15 mg
- phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 23.6 mg per packet
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
acesulfame K, aspartame, citric acid, D&C yellow #10, FD&C red #40, flavors, maltodextrin, silicon dioxide, sodium citrate, sucrose, tribasic calcium phosphate
acetaminophen, dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin, pseudoephedrine hcl powder, for solution
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
|Novartis Consumer Health||129836151||ANALYSIS, MANUFACTURE|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.