Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: Acetaminophen 325mg, Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg
Labeler: Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc.
NDC Code: 11523-0522
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each tablet)||Purpose|
|Acetaminophen 325 mg||Pain reliever/fever reducer|
|Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg||Antihistamine|
- temporarily relieves
- minor aches and pains
- runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
This product contains acetaminophen. Sever liver damage may occur if
- adult takes more than 12 tablets in 24 hours
- child takes more than 5 tablets in 24 hours
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product.
Do not use with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if the user has
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
- excitability may occur, expecially in children
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children 6 to under 12 years) or 10 days (adults)
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
|Adults and children |
12 years and over
|2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours, not more than 12 tablets in 24 hours|
|Children 6 to under |
12 years of age
|1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours, not more than 5 tablets in 24 hours|
- each tablet contains: magnesium 10 mg
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- protect from excessive moisture
acacia, calcium sulfate, carnauba wax, corn starch, FD&C red No. 40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow No. 6 aluminum lake, lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical ink, povidone, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide, white wax
© Copyright & Distributed by
Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc.,
P.O. Box 377
Memphis, TN 38151 USA.
All rights reserved. Made in Canada.
For more information, visit www.coricidin hbp.com
COLD RELIEF for people with
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Chlorpheniramine - Antihistamine,
Acetaminophen - Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
See New Warnings Information
- Runny Nose
American Heart Association
Health Information Enclosed
acetaminophen and chlorpheniramine maleate tablet
|Labeler - Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc. (039137567)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.