tussin dm adults
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Kroger Company
NDC Code: 30142-578
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
cough lasts for more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children12 years and over
2 teaspoonsevery 4 hours
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 15 mg per teaspoon
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
aspartame, benzoic acid, flavors, glycerin, hydroxyethyl cellulose, polyethylene glycol, purified water
Compare to active ingredients of Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion DM - see back panel
See New Dosing Directions
For Ages 12 & Over
Cough & Chest Congestion
Cough Suppressant (Dextromethorphan HBr)
Chest Congestion Mucus
Specially Formulated for Diabetics
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Kroger Company (006999528)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.