PediaCare Childrens MultiSymptom Cold
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc.
NDC Code: 52183-359
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
PediaCare Children’s Multi-Symptom Cold
(in each 5 mL)*
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
(in each 5 mL)*
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
- cough and nasal congestion due to common cold
- nasal congestion due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
if the child has
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- a cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a sodium-restricted diet
do not exceed recommended dose
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough gets worse or lasts for more than 7 days
- cough tends to come back or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- find right dose on chart below
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours
- do not give more than 6 times in 24 hours
- mL = milliliter
|Age (yrs)||Dose (mL)|
|under 4 years||do not use|
|4 to 5 years||5 mL|
|6 to 11 years||10 mL|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 15 mg
- store between 68-77°F (20-25°C). Protect from light. Store in outer carton until contents are used.
- see bottom panel for lot number and expiration date
anhydrous citric acid, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
1-888-474-3099 Mon. –Fri. 8 am to 8 pm EST PediaCare.com
|PEDIACARE CHILDRENS MULTISYMPTOM COLD
dextromethorphan hbr and phenylephrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Prestige Brands Holdings, Inc. (159655021)|
|Fareva Richmond, Inc.||969523245||MANUFACTURE(52183-359)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.