Triaminic Fever Reducer
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL
Labeler: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
NDC Code: 0067-6431
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- minor sore throat pain
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child take
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting consult a doctor promptly.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- liver disease
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed
- may be given every 4 hours. Do not give more than 5 doses in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor.
|under 2 years of age||Under 24 lbs||ask a doctor|
|2 to 3 years of age||24-35 lbs||1 teaspoon (5 mL)|
|4 to 5 years of age||36-47 lbs||1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 mL)|
|6 to 8 years of age||48-59 lbs||2 teaspoons (10 mL)|
|9 to 10 years of age||60-71 lbs||2 ½ teaspoons (12.5 mL)|
|11 years of age||72-95 lbs||3 teaspoons (15 mL)|
- each teaspoonful contains: sodium 5 mg <for grape flavor>, sodium 6 mg <for bubblegum flavor>
- contains no aspirin
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
<for grape flavor>
citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucrose
<for bubblegum flavor>
benzoic acid, citric acid, dibasic sodium phosphate, edetate disodium, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, polyethylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sucrose
See New Warnings Information
Acetaminophen (Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer)
DO NOT USE IF SAFETY SEAL PRINTED WITH “TRIAMINIC”
AROUND BOTTLE CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Triaminic provides a broad range of products, in forms created with the needs of children in mind.
Distr. by: Novartis Consumer Health, Inc.
Parsippany, NJ 07054-0622 ©20XX
For more information plus helpful tips visit www.triaminic.com
|Labeler - Novartis Consumer Health, Inc. (879821635)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.