topcare complete lice treatment
Dosage form: kit
Ingredients: PIPERONYL BUTOXIDE 4mL in 100mL, PYRETHRUM EXTRACT 0.33mL in 100mL;
Labeler: Topco Associates LLC
NDC Code: 36800-173
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Piperonyl butoxide 4%
Pyrethrum extract (equivalent to 0.33% pyrethrins)
treats head, pubic (crab), and body lice
For external use only
- near eyes
- inside nose, mouth, or vagina
- on lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See a doctor if lice are present in these areas.
allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic attack.
- keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towel
- if product gets into eyes, flush with water right away
- scalp itching or redness may occur
- breathing difficulty occurs
- eye irritation occurs
- skin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Shake well before using
- Important: Read warnings before use
Adults and children 2 years and over:
- check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs)
- look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears
- examine small sections of hair at a time
- unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair
- if either lice or nits are found, treat with this product
- apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck.
- allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer
- use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse
- for head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles
Remove lice and their eggs (nits)
- use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove).
- hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits
- if hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water
- for head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of the head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours.
- lift a 1- to 2-inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp.
- pin back each strand of hair after combing
- clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
- after combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary.
- check daily for any lice/nits that you missed
- a second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice
- if infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments
- Children under 2 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- keep carton for important product information
- see package insert for additional information
benzyl alcohol, C13-C14 isoparaffin, fragrance, polyoxyethylene (1,1,3,3-tetramethyl butyl) phenyl ether, water, xanthan gum
1-2-3 Step Lice Control System
Instrucciones En Español Incluidas
Complete Lice Treatment Kit
Step 1 Treat - Lice Killing Shampoo
Works fast to kill lice and eggs
Helps children return to school nit free
Step 2 Remove - Egg & Nit Combing Gel
Use after lice killing treatment to help prevent reinfestation
Makes egg & nit removal faster and easier
Step 3 Control - Bedding Spray
For bedding and furniture
Kills lice and their eggs on mattresses, furniture, car interiors and other non-washable items
Keep Out of Reach of Children
See Back and Side Panels for Additional Information.
Compare to Rid® Lice Killing Shampoo active ingredients
1 Nit Comb Included
|TOPCARE COMPLETE LICE TREATMENT
piperonyl butoxide, pyrethrum extract kit
|Labeler - Topco Associates LLC (006935977)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.