Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: BISACODYL 5mg
Labeler: Topco Associates LLC
NDC Code: 36800-086
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl 5 mg
- relieves occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product usually causes bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
if you cannot swallow without chewing
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
taking any other drug. Take this product two or more hours before or after other drugs. Laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
- do not chew or crush tablets
- do not give to children under 6 years of age or to persons who cannot swallow without chewing, unless directed by a doctor
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- abdominal discomfort, faintness, and cramps may occur
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative because this may indicate a serious condition
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take in a single daily dose
|adults and children 12 years and over||take 1-3 tablets (usually 2) daily|
|children 6 to under 12 years||take 1 tablet daily|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
acacia, anhydrous lactose, calcium sulfate, carnauba wax, colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, D&C yellow no. 10, edible ink, FD&C yellow no. 6, gelatin, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide
|Labeler - Topco Associates LLC (006935977)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.