Childrens Robitussin Cough and Cold CF
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 50mg in 5mL, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8716
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL tsp)
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 5 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin, USP 50 mg||Expectorant|
|Phenylephrine HCl, USP 2.5 mg||Nasal decongestant|
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- temporarily relieves these symptoms occurring with a cold:
- nasal congestion
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other oral nasal decongestant or stimulant.
When using this product do not use more than directed.
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
|children under 6 years||do not use|
|children 6 to under 12 years||2 teaspoons every 4 hours|
|adults and children|
12 years and over
|4 teaspoons every 4 hours|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavor, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
For most recent product information, visit
Cough & Cold
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
PHENYLEPHRINE HCl (Nasal Decongestant)
See NEW Dosing
For Children Ages 6 & Over
4 FL OZ (118 ml)
|CHILDRENS ROBITUSSIN COUGH AND COLD CF
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin, and phenylephrine hydrochloride liquid
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
|Fareva Richmond, Inc.||969523245||ANALYSIS(0031-8716), LABEL(0031-8716), MANUFACTURE(0031-8716), PACK(0031-8716), RELABEL(0031-8716), REPACK(0031-8716)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.