ROBITUSSIN COUGH AND CHEST CONGESTION DM MAX
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 5mL
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8668
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(dextromethorphan HBr and guaifenesin)
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before using
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoons every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 5 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, D&C red no. 33, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, menthol, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, xanthan gum
call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
See New Dosing Information
Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion DM Max
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Maximum Strength for MUCUS RELIEF
For Ages 12 & Over
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
Choosing the right product is important. Robitussin has different products for adults and for children.
Ages 12 & Over
Ages Under 12
Use as directed
DOSAGE CUP INCLUDED
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A. © 2009 Wyeth
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
|ROBITUSSIN COUGH AND CHEST CONGESTION DM MAX
dextromethorphan hbr, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or drug combination in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or drug combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the drugs you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.