ROBITUSSIN COUGH AND COLD LONG ACTING
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg in 5mL, dextromethorphan hydrobromide 15mg in 5mL
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8667
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan HBr)
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 2 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|children under 12 years||do not use|
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 teaspoons every 6 hours|
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, lactic acid, menthol, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
See New Dosing Information
Robitussin Cough & Cold LONG-ACTING
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (Antihistamine)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Cough: Up to 8 Hours
For Ages 12 & Over
4 FL OZ (118 mL)
Choosing the right product is important. Robitussin has different products for adults and for children.
Ages 12 & Over
Ages Under 12
Use as directed
DOSAGE CUP INCLUDED
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A. ©2009 Wyeth
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.StopMedicineAbuse.org
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
|ROBITUSSIN COUGH AND COLD LONG ACTING
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr liquid
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390827)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.