Pharmalive.Com Launches New Bioscience Investment Report
NEWTOWN, Pa.,August 27, 2009 – Canon Pharma Group LLC, publisher of PharmaLive.com Special Reports, announces the launch of a new quarterly report; Global Bioscience Private Venture Investment Review.
Canon Pharma Group LLC has partnered with OnBioVC to present a
detailed trend analysis of recent investment activity for
2009. The latest report tracks investments in private
bioscience companies in the biopharma therapeutics, diagnostics,
devices, and biofuels sectors.
Data is presented for recent quarter-over-quarter and half-verses-half periods for 2009.
This report shows an increase in the number of deals as well as the total dollars invested as compared to the same period for the prior year. There were 88 financings for 2Q09 verses 71 deals in 2Q08. Combined bioscience investment proceeds totaled $1.71 billion for 2Q09, an increase of approximately $538.2 million compared with the $1.18 billion of investments tracked for 2Q08.
This quarterly review covers the following areas in detail:
• Overview of worldwide bioscience venture capital
investment activity and trends
• Analysis and charts detail the private bioscience company arena
• Sectors covered include biopharma therapeutics, diagnostics, devices, and biofuels
• Data for recent quarter-over-quarter and half-versus-half periods are sorted by aggregate dollars raised by financing round, sector, U.S. region, and state
• Number of financings per round, sector, region, state, and indication & technology areas
• Comparison of private bioscience venture investment activity versus the public markets of the NBI and the broader DJI Average
• First-half listing of private bioscience company financings
Statistical information and analysis for this report is provided
by OnBioVC (OnBioVC.com).
Learn more about this and other reports at: www.PharmaLive.com/SpecialReports.
About Canon Pharma Group LLC
A division of Canon Communications LLC, Canon Pharma Group LLC is a provider of business and marketing information to the $500 billion worldwide pharmaceutical industry. We publish well-established business magazines, including Med Ad News, R&D Directions, and Pharmaceutical and Medical Packaging News, industry Websites PharmaLive.com and TherapeuticsDaily.com, market reports (PharmaLive Special Reports) and data resources eKnowledgeBase and MDRWeb.com.
Posted: August 2009