Matrixx releases five new Zicam cold and allergy products
PHOENIX, ARIZONA, Sept. 12 -- Matrixx Initiatives, developer and distributor of Zicam Cold Remedy and Zicam Allergy Relief, has begun nationwide shipment to retail customers of five new offerings in the Zicam line of cold and allergy products.
The new cough and cold remedies are positioned to build on the successful Zicam franchise and all the new products have pending patent applications.
Concurrent with the launch of the new products, Matrixx is introducing fresh packaging designed to make it easier for consumers to see and recognize Zicam products on store shelves. The company is also raising consumer awareness by supporting the launch with a national TV and print advertising campaign slated to begin in October, high-value in-pack coupons that cross-promote Zicam products, and nationwide public relations efforts.
"Continued consumer demand for our products indicates a strong interest in the unique, patented Zicam gel matrix technology," said Carl J. Johnson, president and chief executive officer of Matrixx Initiatives, Inc. "Our retail customers have responded positively to these new products, and we're excited to build on the brand equity with these new offerings."
Stability studies for all new products were concluded by September 9. Initial supplies of the new products are expected to be on many retailers' shelves by the end of September, with retail prices for individual products ranging from approximately $9.99 to $10.99 each.
The products include:
- Zicam Cold Remedy Swabs, developed as an alternative
application method to the Zicam metered-dose bottle. The patented
Cold Remedy Swab is pre-medicated with an optimal dose of the
fighting gel formula, which has been clinically proven to reduce the duration and severity of the common cold. Studies have shown that Zicam Cold Remedy helped patients get over their colds three times
faster. One package of the homeopathic product includes 20 self-contained, single-use swab applicators.
- Zicam Kids' Size Cold Remedy Swabs, a child-friendly version of the Cold Remedy Swabs for adults, with smaller swabs suited for children aged three years and older. Designed for use under parental supervision, a package includes 20 self-contained, single-use swab applicators.
- Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief, which incorporates the active ingredient oxymetazoline hydrochloride into Zicam's proprietary gel matrix technology to provide fast-acting, long-lasting relief of nasal congestion and sinus pressure for up to 12 hours. The product is offered in a metered dose bottle.
- Zicam Sinus Relief, which provides the benefits of Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief, combined with the aromatic strength of a cooling menthol/eucalyptus blend. Available in the metered-dose bottle.
- Zicam Nasal Moisturizer, a non-medicated moisturizer that suspends aloe and eight other moisturizers in the gel matrix to help ensure constant, soothing relief from the irritation of inflamed nasal membranes. Recommended for those living in dry environments, frequent airplane travelers, outdoors enthusiasts facing harsh weather conditions, or cold sufferers. Available in the metered-dose bottle.
Source: Matrixx Initiatives, Inc. www.matrixxinc.com
Posted: September 2002