Health Tip: Is Your Child Being Bullied?
-- Many children don't want to admit to being bullied, or ask an adult for help. So it's important to look for typical warning signs.
The Stopbullying.gov website offers this list of signs:
- Injuries that can't be explained.
- Jewelry, electronics, clothes or books that are destroyed or lost.
- Sudden changes in eating habits, such as coming home hungry from school.
- Complaining of illness or aches and pains, or faking illness.
- Nightmares or difficulty sleeping.
- Avoiding school or social situations, losing interest in school, losing friends or having declining grades.
- Feeling helpless or suddenly having low self esteem.
- Exhibiting self-destructive behaviors, such as running away from home, talking about suicide or causing self harm.
Posted: January 2013
Recommended for you