Health Tip: Why the Frequent Nosebleeds?
-- Some children are more prone than others to frequent nosebleeds. While most of the time they are neither unusual or dangerous, they can be scary.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says common triggers of frequent nosebleeds include:
- Having allergies or the common cold.
- Receiving a blow to the nose, picking the nose, or blowing the nose with excessive force.
- Exposure to dry air or irritating fumes.
- Having abnormalities within the nasal structure, or abnormal tissue growth inside the nose.
- Having a chronic illness requiring medication that dries out the inside of the nose.
Posted: July 2011
Recommended for you