Health Tip: Wear Your Seat Belt When Pregnant
-- Some pregnant women wonder if they should wear a seat belt while they're pregnant. Most experts say "yes," that it helps protect the woman and her unborn baby from injury in the event of an accident.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these additional tips:
- Always wear a three-point seat belt and put the lap belt under your belly.
- Do not turn off air bags, but do move your seat back as far as is comfortable.
- If you're not driving, sit in the back seat.
- If you are in a car crash, seek immediate medical attention, even if you don't feel injured.
- Call a doctor without delay if you have stomach pain, fluid leaking from the vagina, or you begin to have contractions.
Posted: January 2013
Recommended for you