Health Tip: Warning Signs of Enlarged Prostate
-- As men age, the prostate gland often begins to swell -- which can cause uncomfortable symptoms. Men who have symptoms of an enlarged prostate should seek prompt medical treatment.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine says more than half of men with an enlarged prostate don't have any symptoms. But if symptoms are present, they may include:
- Urination that starts slowly and continues in a weak stream.
- Urination that becomes difficult, if not nearly impossible.
- The need to urinate suddenly, urgently and frequently -- at least twice nightly.
- Feeling like your bladder has not been completely emptied.
- The inability to control the flow of urine, or dribbling after urinating.
- Pain or bleeding during urination.
Posted: December 2008
Recommended for you