Health Tip: Warding Off Age-Related Memory Loss
-- Memory loss in seniors is common, but occasional forgetfulness doesn't necessarily mean dementia.
Rotary International offers these recommendations for what you can do to help prevent memory loss:
- Get plenty of regular exercise to boost oxygen to the brain and reduce your risk of disorders that can lead to memory loss.
- Pack your diet full of vegetables and fruits, healthy fats and whole grain foods.
- Keep stress under control, which will help make it easier to concentrate.
- Get enough quality sleep each night.
- Avoid smoking, which increases the risk of vascular problems that can lead to stroke and reduce oxygen to the brain.
Posted: May 2009