Health Tip: Are Turned Toes Trouble?
-- In-toeing or out-toeing occur when a child's toes point inward or outward as they walk. Many children who begin walking this way outgrow the abnormal gait.
The Nemours Foundation mentions these signs that a child may need medical evaluation:
- Continuing -- past the age of 3 -- to toe-in or toe-out while walking.
- Limping or having pain while walking.
- Turning one foot inward or outward more than the other foot.
- Showing developmental delays in other areas, including delayed speech.
- Having walking abnormalities that worsen over time.
Posted: August 2011
Recommended for you