Health Tip: Treating a Corn
-- Corns are painful calluses on the toes that can make walking and exercise difficult. Wearing shoes that are well-fitted and comfortable can help prevent them.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests how to help corns feel better:
- Treat your feet to a nice soak.
- After soaking, file your corn with a pumice stone.
- Wear a non-medicated, circular corn pad with a cutout in the center to alleviate pressure and pain. Skip a medicated pad, which can irritate the corn.
- Place a small amount of lamb's wool between the toes to provide a cushion.
- Choose shoes that fit well and allow plenty of room for your toes.
Posted: April 2010
Recommended for you