Health Tip: Talk to Teens About Distracted Driving
-- It's all too easy for anyone, especially teens, to become distracted while driving.
The U.S. website distraction.gov suggests how to help teens avoid distracted driving:
- Talk about the consequences of driving distracted with your teen.
- Establish safety rules, including forbidding talking or texting on the phone while driving.
- Have everyone in the family sign a pledge form to drive without distraction.
- Become familiar with your state's laws about distracted driving, and educate your teen about the legal consequences of distracted driving.
- Be a good role model by turning your cell phone off while you drive.
Posted: February 2012
Recommended for you