Health Tip: Some Foods and Drinks That Trigger Heartburn
-- If you're prone to the painful burn of heartburn, don't just pop an antacid -- watch what you eat to avoid getting heartburn in the first place.
The American Gastroenterological Association lists these foods and drinks to avoid, as they may trigger heartburn:
- Foods that are high in fat or fried.
- Foods with chocolate or peppermint.
- Alcoholic beverages, beverages with carbonation and all coffee.
- Mustard and ketchup, as well as tomato sauces.
- Acidic substances such as vinegar, citrus juices and citrus fruits.
Posted: April 2011
Recommended for you