Health Tip: Smokeless Tobacco Isn't Safe Either
-- Smokeless tobacco isn't a safer alternative to smoking cigarettes, the American Cancer Society says.
According to the ACS, smokeless tobacco increases your risk of:
- Cancer, including those of the mouth, tongue, throat, esophagus, stomach and pancreas.
- Heart disease, including complications such as heart attack or a stroke.
- Nicotine addiction.
- Leukoplakia, which are sores in the mouth that can become cancerous.
- Oral problems including receding gums, losing teeth, worn teeth, stained teeth and bad breath.
- Losing bone surrounding the roots of the teeth.
Posted: September 2012
Recommended for you