Health Tip: Signs That You Have Sciatica
-- Sciatica pain occurs when a protruding (herniated) spinal disk pushes against the sciatic nerve.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers this list of sciatica's most common symptoms:
- Feeling that you have a bad, persistent cramp in the leg.
- Feeling pain when you sit, sneeze or cough.
- Feeling of general weakness in the leg.
- Feeling numbness or having a "pins and needles" sensation in the leg.
- Feeling a burning or tingling sensation that runs down the leg.
Posted: March 2010