Health Tip: Signs of Depression
-- About 15 of every 100 adults suffer from depression, according to AARP.
Depression is more than just a case of the blues. AARP offers this list of common warning signs:
- Difficulty concentrating, problems with memory, and difficulty making decisions.
- Becoming irritable, angry, worried, agitated, anxious, pessimistic, or indifferent.
- Over an extended period, being sad or unexplained bouts of crying.
- Changes in sleep habits, as well as appetite.
- Loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed.
- Feelings of hopelessness.
- Unexplained aches and pains.
Posted: May 2008
Recommended for you