Health Tip: Selecting a Baby Stroller
-- A stroller is handy for parents who want to take baby for a walk, or want to have their hands free when running errands.
The Lucile Packard Children's Hospital offers these suggestions to help you choose a safe stroller for baby:
- Make sure the base of the stroller is wide enough to keep it from tipping over.
- Look for safety belts and straps to be secured tightly to the frame of the stroller.
- Look for a safety belt fastener that's easy to use.
- Make sure the stroller's wheels can be securely locked with brakes.
- The basket should be placed low on the back of the stroller, just over the rear wheels.
- Be sure the openings for baby's legs can be closed when the stroller is used as a carriage.
Posted: April 2009