Health Tip: Secure Your Child in a Booster Seat
-- A booster seat is used to restrain an older child until he or she is big enough to use a seat belt.
The Nemours Foundation offers these booster-seat safety tips:
- Carefully read the seat's entire instruction manual.
- Make sure the lap belt fits low and snug across the child's hips.
- Make sure the shoulder belt rests snug and flat across the shoulder and doesn't cross the neck or face.
- Make sure the seat belt is never twisted.
- If the child buckles himself or herself in, check the belt and booster seat afterward to ensure it's been done properly.
Posted: October 2012
Recommended for you