Health Tip: The Road to a Healthy Heart
-- The American Heart Association says there are a few simple things you can do to keep active and promote a healthier heart:
- Do housework yourself, instead of hiring someone else to do it.
- Work in the garden or mow the grass. Using a riding mower doesn't count.
- Go out for a short walk before breakfast, after dinner or both. Start with a 10-minute walk and work up to 30 minutes.
- Walk or bike to the corner store.
- When watching television, pedal a stationary bicycle.
- Park on the outskirts of a shopping mall and walk to the stores.
Posted: November 2007