Health Tip: Protect Your Child's Heart Health
-- A child is never too young to practice heart-healthy habits, which may help even more as the child gets older.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests these heart-healthy habits for kids:
- Feed children a heart-healthy diet including low-fat dairy products.
- Tell your child's pediatrician about any family history of heart disease.
- Consider regular cholesterol screening, especially if the child is adopted and family history isn't available.
- Promote plenty of regular exercise.
- Help your child maintain a healthy weight.
Posted: February 2014