Health Tip: Prevent Headaches During Pregnancy
-- Headaches among pregnant women are a common complaint, but in many cases they can be prevented, the American Pregnancy Association says.
The association offers these suggestions:
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep, and take some time to relax.
- Eat regular, healthy meals and snacks. Low blood sugar can lead to headaches.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Get regular exercise.
- Rid your life of as much stress as possible, which can help prevent tension headaches.
- Pay attention to posture.
- Watch your caffeine intake. But don't stop all caffeine suddenly -- which in itself can cause withdrawal-related headaches.
Posted: December 2008