Health Tip: Potassium-Rich Foods
- Potassium is a mineral that plays an important role in regulating blood pressure. The U.S. Department of Agriculture recommends that most people get 4,044 milligrams of potassium each day.
Here are some good food sources of potassium, says the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Potatoes, both sweet and regular.
- Beans; especially lima beans, soybeans, white beans and kidney beans.
- Yogurt and skim milk.
- Bananas, peaches, cantaloupes and honeydew melons.
- Fish, such as halibut, yellowfin tuna, rockfish and cod.
- Tomato products, such as tomato sauce, juice, puree and paste.
Posted: April 2008