Health Tip: Taking a Plane Trip With Baby
-- Taking a plane ride with baby requires a little extra planning.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to help ensure a more pleasant flight:
- Do your best to stay relaxed if baby cries.
- Let baby look out the window.
- If baby looks like he/she wants to sleep, pull the shade for a little darkness.
- Take baby for a walk up and down the aisle (when safe) if baby fusses.
- Talk to your pediatrician before you fly if your baby has an ear infection or a cold. Ask about ways to help prevent ear pain.
- Plug baby's ears with cotton balls to block out loud noise.
- Let baby suck on a bottle or pacifier, especially during takeoff and landing.
Posted: July 2010