Health Tip: Get More Restful Sleep
-- Sleep disturbances affect virtually everyone at some point, leaving sufferers tired and groggy the day after.
The National Sleep Foundation suggests these tips to help people sleep better:
- Make sure your bedroom is kept cool. For women in particular, do so during menstruation, when your body temperature tends to rise.
- Relax with a warm bath or shower before bed.
- Avoid nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and large meals in the hours before bed.
- Keep your room quiet, or use a white noise machine to block out disrupting noise.
- Expose yourself to bright light during the day, but keep your room dark at night.
- Stick to a consistent bedtime and waking schedule.
Posted: January 2014
Recommended for you