Health Tip: Symptoms That May Indicate Bipolar Disorder
-- Bipolar disorder causes major mood swings, ranging from depression to manic (elevated) mood.
The Journal of the American Medical Association says the following symptoms may indicate bipolar disorder:
- Unusually elevated mood.
- Anger or irritability.
- Speaking and thinking quickly.
- Rapidly jumping from topic to topic.
- Engaging in high-risk behaviors and making poor choices.
- Not feeling the need to sleep much.
- Feeling very sad and down, without interest in things you once enjoyed.
- Feeling anxious, guilty, hopeless or crying.
- Abrupt changes in your weight.
- Abusing drugs.
- Having thoughts about suicide.
Posted: January 2011
Recommended for you