Health Tip: Manage Stress to Keep Diabetes in Check
-- Physical and emotional stress can be problematic for diabetics, as it tends to cause blood sugar to rise.
The American Diabetes Association suggests how to keep stress under control:
- Find ways to reduce stress, such as by taking an alternate route to avoid traffic, mending problems with a friend or changing to a less stressful job.
- Engage in regular physical activity.
- Do something fun, such as taking dance lessons, picking up a new hobby or practicing a craft.
- Volunteer in your community.
- Practice relaxation exercises.
Posted: August 2014
Recommended for you