Health Tip: Keep Skin Smooth
-- Aging skin often means wrinkled skin. But there are steps you can take to minimize blemished, wrinkled skin.
If you want to help keep skin smoother, more supple and less wrinkled as you age, the University of Maryland Medical Center offers these suggestions:
- Eat a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Include healthy oils, such as olive oil, in your diet.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Don't smoke, and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Don't drink alcohol within three hours of going to bed.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, and use a moisturizer daily.
- On the other hand, don't wash with tap water too often, which can wind up drying out your skin. Once a day should be enough.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Avoid direct sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun's ultraviolet rays are strongest.
Posted: March 2011