Health Tip: Keep Hands Moisturized
-- Chapped hands can be painful, but you can prevent the condition by keeping hands moisturized and protected.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers these suggestions:
- Protect hands from exposure to the sun, very cold weather and wind.
- Don't use water that's too hot to wash your hands.
- Make sure the air inside your home is humid enough, especially during colder months.
- Wash hands with a gentle cleanser or mild soap.
- Moisturize hands frequently with lotion.
Posted: September 2010