Health Tip: If You've Been Diagnosed With Pre-Diabetes
-- Your doctor has told you that you have pre-diabetes; that your blood sugar is high, but not too high to be considered diabetic.
So what do you do to avoid developing the full-blown disease?
The American Council on Exercise recommends these lifestyle changes:
- Commit to eating healthier, avoiding fad diets or products that guarantee quick and easy weight loss.
- Set aside at least 150 minutes per week for exercise.
- Set realistic, achievable weight-loss goals.
- Eliminate barriers to your healthy lifestyle goals, and build a support system to help you stay on track.
- Get regular medical checkups.
- Stay positive!
Posted: February 2014