Health Tip: If You Have Symptoms of Panic Attack
-- A panic attack is a sudden, unexpected bout of intense fear. Its symptoms may be both physical and emotional. When this type of attack occurs repeatedly, it may be known as panic disorder.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine defines these common symptoms of a panic attack:
- Pain in the chest, with rapid heartbeat.
- Fainting or feeling dizzy.
- Difficulty catching your breath, or feeling like you are choking.
- Shaking or trembling.
- Sweating, chills or hot flashes.
- Being afraid of dying or being out of control.
- Feeling nauseous, numb or tingly.
Posted: March 2010
Recommended for you