Health Tip: Identifying Pinkeye
-- Conjunctivitis is an eye infection commonly called pinkeye. It's very common and is spread easily.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says common symptoms of conjunctivitis include:
- Swelling and reddening of the whites of the eyes.
- Increased tear production.
- Discharge from the eyes that may be white, green or yellow.
- Eyes that burn, itch or feel sensitive to light.
- A gritty sensation in the eye.
- Crust development on the eyelids or lashes.
Posted: December 2012