Health Tip: Help Manage Unwanted Hair
-- In women, excess hair growth on the face or body is called hirsutism. It may be caused by abnormally high levels of male hormones.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests how to manage unwanted hair:
- Shave places where excess hair is growing.
- Apply a depilatory, a cream designed to remove hair.
- Use a bleaching paste designed for lightening dark hair. But these products can irritate skin, so be sure to follow the directions carefully.
- Pluck or wax smaller areas of hair.
- Consider electrolysis or laser hair removal as permanent ways to remove hair.
Posted: July 2010
Recommended for you