Health Tip: Help Keep COPD in Check
-- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) is an umbrella term for lung diseases that make it difficult to breathe. Primary examples include chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute offers these suggestions to help keep COPD under control:
- Avoid exposure to lung irritants whenever possible.
- Have regular medical checkups.
- Perform daily activities slowly.
- Devise easier ways to perform daily chores, such as cooking and cleaning.
- Ask loved ones for help rearranging your home to avoid frequent use of stairs.
- Wear loose clothing that's easy to put on and take off.
Posted: August 2012
Recommended for you