Health Tip: Having Neck Pain?
- Neck pain has a variety of causes, often muscle strain or tension.
Here are some other common triggers, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Sitting at or bending over a desk for long periods, especially with poor posture.
- Reading, working or watching TV with poor posture.
- Working at a computer screen that is too high or too low.
- Sleeping in an awkward position.
- Injuring the neck during exercise by twisting or straining the muscles.
- Medical conditions, including arthritis, fibromyalgia, meningitis or a herniated disk.
Posted: April 2008