Health Tip: Get a Good Night's Sleep While Pregnant
-- Many factors, both physical and emotional, may keep you awake while you're expecting. But it's important to get plenty of quality sleep while you're pregnant.
Here are suggestions to help alleviate insomnia during pregnancy, courtesy of the American Pregnancy Association:
- Find a comfortable and -- perhaps a new -- sleep position.
- Relax before bedtime with a massage or a warm bath.
- Keep your room at a cool and comfortable temperature, and play relaxing music or nature sounds.
- Try relaxation techniques before you sleep.
- Get some exercise every day. Be sure to ask your doctor about what's acceptable.
- If you have trouble falling asleep, get out of bed and have a snack or read a book, then try going back to bed when you're sleepy.
Posted: August 2008
Recommended for you