Health Tip: Frequently Feeling Thirsty?
-- It's important to drink plenty of water, but feeling thirsty all or most of the time can signal a medical problem.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine mentions these possible causes of excessive thirst:
- Being diabetic.
- Eating a meal that was too spicy or salty.
- Bleeding enough to cause significant blood loss.
- Taking certain medications.
- Losing too much water and salts, which could result from vomiting, diarrhea or not drinking enough water.
- Having a serious infection or burn.
- Having failure of the kidneys, liver or heart.
Posted: October 2010